Monday, August 6, 2012

Homeschool Curriculum Choices for 2012-2013

We are know entering our second official year of homeschooling. We started homeschooling when my son was 3 years old and now he is going to be six soon and is entering First Grade! And all I ca say is thank you Lord we have made it this far. Things are going to be a little different this year because my little girl is two and we are going to be entering the start of Tot School. I am excited to start this new adventure with my Little Bits, the goal for Tot School is going to be making learning fun! If she learns to read or write that's great but if she doesn't that's also great! A love for learning is my goal for her. We will be using a lot of fun things found at Homeschool Creations and  1+1+1=1 and reading lots of books!

Bible {Daily}


Language Arts

  • First Grade ~ We will be using Spelling and Vocabulary from Houghton and Miffling, I found it at a used curriculum sale last week and it has most of the things I was looking for
  • We will also be using a lot of books, some of our reads this year will include Tom Sawyer and The Mouse and the Motorcycle. These books will be used to build vocabulary and a love for reading
Math
  • This year we will be switching from Saxon Math to Math-U-See
Science
  • For science I would have loved to do Nancy Larson Science 1  but I dream on a budget lol We will be doing a lot of unit studies this year including anatomy and a lot of Magic School Bus books 
  • If any one know of any good, thrifty, science curriculum please leave a comment below



  • Seeds Family WorshipSeeds Family Worship

No comments:

Post a Comment