Thursday, September 8, 2011

Field Trips and Ducks

Tomorrow is our first official field trip of our school year and I am super excited my kids have no idea what is the big deal lol I am praying for a smooth day and a smooth commute. For school we are doing FIAR and we started reading The story about Ping. We have started making a lapbook so we will see how it turns out. I just wanted to share a picture with you all it made me laugh out loud. Being constantly planning I have a lot of things on my mind and sometimes things get a little mixed up lol


Well we made ducks on Wednesday and I helped my daughter with her duck before my son did his. He looked at her duck and asked if he could glue his duck hands on his duck. I stopped him and said, "Love ducks don't have hands." He turned around and told me but "Littlebits' duck has hands!" Then I looked at my daughters duck and it dawned on me he was right lol the duck did look like it had hands. We remedied that with his duck having "feet". 
 I hope I am not alone when things don't turn out the way they were planned in school. All I could do was laugh!! Have you ever had a crazy days in school when things did not turn out as you had envisioned? In my case it turned into a teachable moment as we talked about how funny ducks would look if they had hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment