Monday, February 6, 2012

Making Learning Fun

Since it has been almost a month since I have posted I am just going to post some pictures of some of the activities we did this past month. A lot of these ideas came from the many teachers and homeschoolers found on Pinterest if you are interested in any of the ideas you can check them out on Pinterest under my boards or leave a comment and I will give you the direct link to the activity.

Going Shopping Working on counting money

Cup of change ready with plenty of dimes

Figuring out how much to pay

All his purchased items

 Using books to teach Math

Splash is a book about things jumping in and out of a pond

Used the book to illustrate adding and subtracting

Comparing Different Versions of the Ugly Duckling


Pictures that illustrate the beginning, middle and end of the story

Sentences written on map about the story
Math journal tying into the book Splash

 Leave me a comment let me know how you are keeping learning fun at home!

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed browsing your blog. I'm just getting organized to teach my daughter kindergarten, so it's been helpful to see some of the things you've done over the school year! I'm a new follower :)
    Andrea
    www.nodoubtlearning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Andrea, kindergarten is a fun year, it's fun to see when your child learns something new and their eyes light up!. Welcome, new followers are always welcome, I would invite you to check out my pinterest page for more ideas :) http://pinterest.com/williamsalley/

    ReplyDelete