Saturday, December 31, 2011

A New Beginning 2012

As I sit hear with a hot cup of tea in my hand, thankful that my hubby takes good care of me when I am sick, I cant help but feel a little bewildered. It is going to be a new year in a matter of hours and I am still hung up on the same things I was last year this time around. I feel like I completely lost my focus and vision in homeschooling this year. I lost the true reason why I chose to homeschool my children in the first place. I completely put the Lord to the side and ignored all the times when I knew He was challenging and calling me to come and sit at his feet, and bring my burdens to him. I got caught up in so many excuses as to why I could not accomplish the goals that seemed so attainable at the beginning of the school year. My problem was I took God out of the equation and was to proud to admit that I was failing and it was my fault. The New Year of 2012 is approaching fast in a couple of hours and it is my hope, and prayer that this new year I find rest and peace in the presence of the Lord. That as the psalmist wrote, "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." Psalm 91:1. That I would dwell in that secret place and find the rest that only he can offer. And allow Him to rebuild our house. I pray that all of you guys have a blessed New Year this 2012~

No comments:

Post a Comment