Monday, January 9, 2012

The Straw that Broke the Camel's Back

If you read the title of this entry you may know exactly where I am going LOL Since the start of the new year I have been diligent in reading my Bible every day, I am currently reading through the NLT One Year Bible. As I started to read and pray that God would just speak to me, He kept reminding me of His love for me and how to show that love to my children. It dawned on me recently that I was repeating the cycle with my children that my mom did with me, my mom was a yeller. Not sure if that is a word but she was constantly yelling at me, calling me names and always seemed so angry. Seeing as my son has a personality like I did when I was a child I can see how she was so frustrated. It would make my heart ache when I blew it with my son when I went there and "EXPLODED" words of frustration and anger at my son. And to see his eyes grow bigger and his smile turn into a frown because his mommy was so angry and frustrated. That being said I knew there had to be a better way for all of us and to have piece in our house.

I believe that God has called us as women to raise up our children in the way that they should go and in doing so we need to choose our words and the way we correct our children wisely. We do not want them remembering the most about how we were always yelling and correcting them but how we taught them to love through our love, to be patient with others like we were patient with them and to also  use our tongue to speak words of life and not words of death. Remembering that our little tongue that the Lord has blessed us with can be used to bring life and growth into the lives of the children that HE intrusted into our care. As we teach them at home to be witnesses of His love.

All that being said I am linking up with Gentleness Challenge  at Women Living Well Ministries as we tackle the giant of Yelling and enter into the gentleness of our Father.

Key verses for this week: A newness only found in Christ
 2 Corinthians 5:17 says: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

What is this newness:
Galatians 5:22,23 says: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. 

Please join me

No comments:

Post a Comment